Friday, September 28, 2012

Halloween fabric flowers.

213
I have been wanting to do this craft for months now. I think I found it back in February and I wanted to do it then, I even bought valentines fabric for it. I never got around to it. But then this miracle happened on Saturday, my husband took my kids out for the morning so I could do whatever I wanted. And what I wanted to do was make some fabric flowers for Halloween. Luckily I had  some fabric on hand so I didn’t have to go buy any. That made this project FREE! I love free.
Find out how after the cut!
What you need
Fabric of choice, 1 flower takes a strip of fabric 5 inches wide 45 inches long. I made some of mine shorter. The gray flowers are only 20 inches long.
Thread.
Stems, I used sticks from my back yard.
Vase.
hot glue gun.
Project time: about 2 hours for 12 flowers.
Instructions:
1. cut your strips of fabric, 5 inches wide by 45 inches long. You can cut them differently if you like this is just a guide, Some of mine were skinnier and some are shorter. Just be creative!
176
2. Fold your fabric in half length wise and iron it.
177
3. Mark your fabric every 3 inches.
179
4. After they are marked cut them in scallops. Do this for the rest.
181
If you do some different lengths you may want to make the scallops different sizes. I did some 2 inches instead of 3.
186
5. Sew a gathering stitch along the middle crease that you ironed in.
188
7. Stitch along the scallops, a regular stitch not a gathering stitch.
191
8. Pull the gathering stitch gently. I broke a few and trust me it is a pain!
204
9. Put a dab of hot glue on the top of a stick
205
10. Wrap the fabric around the stick and keep gluing. You can either wrap it around the stick for a closed look or glue and wrap it around the bottom of the bottom of the fabric for an open look.
208
11. Put your flowers in a vase and be proud of your awesome work!
217

8 comments:

  1. what a great idea!
    I'm you newest follower from Friday Chaos bloghop, would love the follow back!
    Erica
    www.ericastartwalking.com

    www.fromthicktothinsanantonio.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love these bows. Thanks for stopping by earlier today. Your blog is lovely and I'm following back.

    Kimberly @ mypinterestreality.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh I love the fabric flowers. I think that is a great decoration for any holiday. I am now a follower :)
    Love
    Patricia @ thettdiaries.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love your blog! Thanks for stopping by mine :) I am now following!

    ~Karen
    www.themaxells.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. super cute! thanks for visiting my site. happily following back :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. This is such a great idea! I love holiday crafts! Thanks for linking up for Mommy Moments Monday!
    thenotquitemilitarywife.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love these--they will be great for upcoming parties! I'm now following as well--have a great week!

    Angela http://www.amamascorneroftheworld.com

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love these, I'm going to have to keep this tutorial handy! I've been wanting to make some fabric flowers lately.

    ReplyDelete