Wednesday, September 19, 2012

Things you take for granted before you have kids.

Let me preface this by saying I love my boys more than anything in the world. I would not change my crazy life with them for anything! But before I had them I have to say there are quite a few things that i took for granted.

Here are some of my top things I wish I could go back in time and savor.

  • Taking a shower after going to the gym. Whenever I come home from the gym now I have one baby who wants to nurse, one kid who wants to play trucks, and a daddy who wants dinner. I usually have to sit in my own stink for a few hours. ew.
  • Taking a shower a lone. The other day I literally had to ask my husband “please try to limit the number of people that come in the shower to zero while I am in there”
  • Sitting down.
  • Cleaning my house. I no longer feel like my house is ever clean because while I clean one room Dexter un-cleans another.
  • Going to the bathroom. Most days I have to ask myself if it is worth the trouble to go pee, I usually don’t go till my husband comes home.
  • Eating lunch. I can’t remember the last time I got to eat lunch during the week and was not rushed.
  • Going to the bathroom in public and not having to worry about what is about to happen to you.There are two things having a two year old has made about going to the bathroom in public even more fun. First he now unlocks the bathroom door while I am in there and runs away. So usually I have my pants around my ankles, a baby in my arms or in a carrier attached to me and I am pleading with Dexter to stay in the bathroom or trying to grab him as he runs off. Second he likes to announce to the entire store when momma goes potty. He often yells “MOMMY WENT POOPY!! HORAY!” and claps every time we leave the bathroom. Even though I did not go poopy.
  • Not having a potty in your trunk.
  • Never having to locate the nearest bush on a walk so your child can go pee on it.
  • Clean carpets. If you do not have kids go look at your carpets, and just marvel in their cleanness.
  • Not having to play “where is that smell coming from” when you get in the car.
  • Not having mysterious spoiled milk cups under a seat in your car.
  • Non leaking boobs.
  • Talking to adults.
  • Spending alone time with my husband.

When I asked my husband what he took for granted most he said “pooping alone”. AHH yes I did marry him..

Is there anything you took for granted before you had kids?

4 comments:

  1. Hi there! I'm a new follower from the Wednesday Blog Hop! I'd love a follow back at www.sugarplumsandlollipops.blogspot.com and Pinterest! I follow back all of my Pinterest followers :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh to sit! Sounds so lovely! And its not just sitting, {I am writing this while I sit} its sitting for more than 30 seconds without getting interrupted! To go to the bathroom. I swear I can not go to the bathroom. The second I do something happens and someone needs mommies attention!
    Loved reading this!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I stay up WAY to late just to sit a lone sometimes, haha.

      Delete