Tuesday, September 4, 2012

Cloud dough tutorial

The other day me and Dexter decided to do something totally new. Well I decided and he just did it because he is two. We made some cloud dough. To me it felt more like cookie dough but not sticky. It was really easy to make and he LOVED it. In fact we saved ours and he has been asking to play with it every day since then.
Here is how you make it.
074
Supplies
2 cups of flour (my self rising flour is expired so I just used that but I think all purpose may work better.)
1/4 cup of baby oil
a large bowl

Here is what we did.
067
First I let him pour in the flour.
069
Then I poured in the baby oil and he mixed it up.
070071076
He really loved playing in it. But it was so super messy! The mess was easy to clean up though.
083085075
After we played with one for a while I wanted to see what it would be like if we added more baby oil. So we added another 1/4 cup of oil. I t made it a lot thicker and more moldable.
078
This is the original recipe with 2 cups of flour and 1/4 cup of oil.081
This is two cups of oil and 1/2 cup of oil.086
So then I wanted to see what other things would do.
087089091
This was the mixture plus water, it just made it slimy.
093096
This was the mixture plus oil. It was really sticky. He hated it after his hands were out and demanded that we wash them, NOW!097095098100101
102
The baking soda mixture made it gritty.
114
Then we added baby powder. That made it smell so good! and more fluffy like snow.
115
By the end this was his hair and it was bath time for sure!
We had a lot of fun and I will definitely be doing this again!

8 comments:

  1. LOL! Gotta love when it gets in the hair!! But he looks like a good little helper at the age of 2. Like he'll be a pro baker some day! I'll have to try cloud doh with my three year old some time. I am following back on GFC!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think maybe next time you should stick him in the bathtub to make that. When your done, take out the mess and turn on the water!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love this! Looks like so much fun! He looks like he's the same age as my little man! Love this age!!

    Following back!
    http://homegrownlove101.blogspot.com/2012/09/toddler-disipline.html#comment-form

    ReplyDelete
  4. This looks like a lot of fun:) I will have to try this. Thanks for following Mommy Time Out

    ReplyDelete
  5. Looks like you and Dexter had tons of fun with the cloud dough!! We will definitely try it! Thanks for stopping by Boys Oh Boys for the Tea on Tuesday social hop!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Adorable. Looks like he had a blast.

    Thanks for stopping by earlier.

    xoxo,
    Gwen @ www.alittleunhinged.com

    ReplyDelete
  7. How fun! My little one always gets everything in her hair, ugh! new follower :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Cameron LOVES cloud dough! He asks to play with "snow." The baby oil with flour kind lasts forever too!

    ReplyDelete