Friday, May 17, 2013

Green Apple supply store review.

Lately I have been noticing my toy room is over run with broken plastic toys. To say it is frustrating is putting it mildly. When I walk into toy stores now all I see if future junk. I have seriously a new hate for plastic toys. I may have a problem. So when I started to try and find stuff for Max's first birthday I decided I was just going to do wooden toys for hopes they will last longer. While looking for toys and books I found a new website called Green Apple Supply Store. This store was like any other I had seen before. Their toys were actually affordable and they have more than just toys too they have everything you need for green living!  They had a lot of stuff to choose from and a lot of their stuff was made from recycled material.
I was given the opportunity to review one of their items and I choose their Glob Paint kit. I know I know I was looking for stuff for Max and got something for Dexter instead. But we have paints that I hate because they are filled with chemicals and are super expensive  This kit was only $12.60 so I thought this was something I would normally buy and thought it was best.
Glob paint kit review-
glob- Paint Kit
The kit Includes
6 compost-able jars with lids
2 bamboo brushes (cruelty-free) in a rice paper pouch.
Our brushes have a sustainable bamboo handle with cruelty-free taklon bristles and ferrule made from aluminum.
6 VIBRANT BOTANICAL COLORS: Lemon Verbena, Blueberry, Pomegranate, Tangerine, Plum Purple and Basil Green.

Our experience-
the packets come inside another packet. I like this because then I don't have to worry about it making a huge mess once its opened. All the ingredients are all natural and nothing I can't pronounce! 

The paint without water.

after adding a little water.

I really like the brushes odd I know. But they are easy to paint with and not cheap flimsy brushes that you can only use once!

Dexter loved mixing the colors.

They were a little watery but Dex didn't mind!

see he loved it!



we then decided to paint him. They washed off without even needing to scrub. 

Mom got in on the being painted action.


I really like these paints and would definitely recommend them to a fried! I love the website and will be getting more things from there! 



So what is Green Apple Supply Store?
In 2004, Stephanie Tobor learned that her 3-year-old daughter had Juvenile Ideomatic Arthritis and that environmental pollutants are known to contribute to the illness. With the understanding that volatile organic compounds (VOCs) and other harmful chemicals are in everything from household cleaners, glue and paints to water bottles, plastic utensils and toys, Stephanie began researching alternatives. The results not only changed her family’s lifestyle, but also provided a non-profit resource for green products that other families can use every day—Green Apple Supply.

Stephanie’s biggest challenge was finding green products that are both high quality and affordable for the average consumer.  With the growth of the green industry, the marketplace is flooded with ”eco” products of varying reliability and effectiveness, and most are too expensive for the general population to embrace. Stephanie found the volume of green buzzwords on packaging dizzying and often misleading. Manufacturers and retailers appear to be using the strong interest in eco-friendly products as a justification for cost-prohibitive price points.

Green Apple Supply was born out of Stephanie’s personal mission and heartfelt belief that eco-friendly products should not be a luxury; instead, they should be readily available to the masses.  Established as a non-profit source for green home, school and office supplies, Green Apple Supply sells hundreds of essentials and gifts that are, in most cases, 50 to 60 percent less than traditional mark-ups on retail products.  Consumers can buy a range of items from BPA-free and PVC-free sandwich bags to plant-based paints, biodegradable calculators, banana paper journals and more for just slightly over cost.

Through its website, Green Apple Supply also offers an opportunity for its visitors to donate.  The money raised online furthers the organization’s goal of making eco-friendly products accessible to everyone nationwide and throughout the world. For more information, visit www.GreenAppleSupply.com.

“Disclosure :  I received one or more of the products or Services mentioned above for free in the hope that I would mention it on my blog. Regardless, I only recommend products or services I use personally and believe will be good for my readers.  I am disclosing this in accordance with the Federal Trade Commision’s 16 CFR, Part 255:  “Guides concerning the use of Endorsements and Testimonials in Advertising.”

22 comments:

  1. I love that their products are made from recycled materials!

    ReplyDelete
  2. These are so cool! Packaging without water is better for the environment anyway.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love the pomegranate so pretty!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Claire RheinheimerMay 20, 2013 at 12:10 AM

    How cool that the paint comes off kids with harsh scrubbing- my son would love that!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love that you can donate on the website as well. What a good idea :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Fun for my kids, while being safe for the environment.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love that it is easy to wash off!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love that their products are made out of things that anyone can pronounce, that always makes me nervous when I am reading ingredient labels and come across a slew of words I've never heard of before!

    ReplyDelete
  9. love that the paint washes off so easily

    ReplyDelete
  10. I like that it is safe for the kids and easy to clean!

    ReplyDelete
  11. I love how the paints are safer for children. I agree about the whole future junk thing at toy stores.

    ReplyDelete
  12. My daughter can paint better on herself any day! Who likes paper anyway? This product would make me feel more at ease. I love that Green Apple Supply was born out of her own personal mission.

    ReplyDelete
  13. this company truly has our children's best interests in mind

    ReplyDelete
  14. I love that is is affordable! Being green nowadays is not easy when you are a family on a low budget, so I think it's great when companies keep that in mind.

    ReplyDelete
  15. I love that they sell eco-friendly products and I love that the paint washes off so easily :)

    ReplyDelete
  16. I love the wooden toys! My grand daughter is using a few wooden toys that her dad (my son) used when he was a child. The toys have held up great.
    doan b

    ReplyDelete
  17. i like that it washes off easily

    ReplyDelete
  18. I like the truly kid friendly products. What a great company.

    ReplyDelete
  19. love that they are made from recylcables

    ReplyDelete
  20. I love the paint kit, in general! I love anything fun, creative, eco-friendly, and USEABLE!

    xo,
    A

    ReplyDelete
  21. I love the fact that their stuff is cute and eco-friendly. I have been wanting some of their stuff for my son for awhile!

    -Hannah Avery

    hannahavery85@yahoo.com

    ReplyDelete
  22. Eco-friendly products is what I let my kids have so important for them and the environment

    ReplyDelete