I am so excited to share this AMAZING product with you! I have been fortunate enough to review a lot of great things since having my blog but this is honestly the first thing that has changed our lives. I am not being just super sales lady here because I am not selling anything and I don't get anything for saying this, but this is now my go to gifts for new moms and dads. Let me start off by telling you Max has never been a good sleeper. Never slept through the night, never took long naps, before we got our Zippy he only fell asleep by himself maybe 4 times in his life. After he out grew his swaddler it got even worse and I just thought there was no hope for us! Things got even worse for us three weeks ago I was getting no sleep, Max was not taking his naps, and I was super grumpy mama. I could no longer function. We had just moved into our new apartment and Max had just turned nine months old which in my husbands eyes meant he no longer needed to be sleeping in our bed. I am not sure why but since we parent together we talked about it and although I personally love having him in the bed, honestly I would let Dexter sleep in my bed too if I could, we made the big switch. It was not going well so the Monday that my Zipadee-Zip arrived I was thrilled! It was perfect to because it was nap time.
The first time I put him in it I tried just laying him down and it didn't work, I was pretty bummed. So I nursed him and let him fall asleep in my arms and he slept THREE hours. My son has never taken a three hour nap, 30 minutes at most. I was thrilled! But I was still looking for more. I had read so many stories of babies learning to self soothe in these without ever having to "Cry it out". Because that is not an option for me or my babies.
The next week things went much better, I was able to put him down shortly after he fell asleep without him waking up. Normally he would wiggle his arms and promptly wake up. Plus my husband was now able to put him to sleep! He normally only goes to sleep for me.
Last week though was our AMAZING week. It finally happened. I am now able to put Max down after nursing him wide awake and he will go to sleep by himself without ever crying. Not one tear. I love it. His morning naps are one hour long and his afternoon naps are 2-3 hours long!! He has gotten a lot happier as well. So have I. We are both finally getting the sleep we need. And although he still wakes up at night to eat he goes right back to sleep. No more rocking him for 30-45 minutes, no more sneaking out of his room. Just nurse him and lay him down. It has been so amazing for us.
If you are thinking he has just "Learned" how to sleep, you are wrong. The other day I made a mistake. A big nap time costing mistake. I washed his Zippy and forgot to throw it in the dryer. When nap time came I suddenly remembered, but thought it would be okay. It took me thirty minutes to get him to fall asleep in my arms and the moment I laid him down he cried out. By the time he was finally asleep again his zippy was dry and I put him in it and he napped for 3 hours. This truly is a miracle product! My son has been sleeping so well. I thought he was just going to be a bad sleeper since I stopped swaddling him but that has all changed! If your baby is a bad sleeper I would highly recommend this product to you. Or if you are looking for a baby shower gift, every new parent needs one of these!
Here is a little bit more about the product from Zipadeezip.com:
- The Zipadee-Zip was designed to aid the swaddle transition.
- It provides the cozy , enclosed feel and sensation of the womb or swaddle but full range of movement to push up and roll over.
- It encourages longer, sounder sleep for babies who have never been swaddled!
- It keeps a little one’s hands warm all night long.
- It prevents a baby from scratching their face (great for babies with eczema).
- It teaches a baby to self-soothe to sleep by providing a cozy environment to get comfortable in.
- It helps aid the transition from a Rock and Play Sleeper or a Swing to a Crib.
- It makes diaper changes a cinch!
- It makes trips to the doctors’ office a breeze (the baby can be buckled in to a car seat in the Zippy and the Zippy can be easily removed off of a sick little one for a doctor check-up).
- EASY TO USE! A much easier alternative to PJ’s due to the zip enclosure and no arm or leg holes to fuss with! PERFECT FOR BIGGER OR OLDER BABIES TOO!
- Perfect for stroller rides on cold days! Can be buckled into a stroller and you don’t have to worry about blankets falling off!
Max after a restful nap in his Zippy!
Perfectly able to crawl around in his Zippy so I don't have to worry about him rolling over and not being able to get back to a safe position.
Would you like to win one of your own?? Enter the rafflecopter below! Open to US residence 18+. All entries will be verified so please don't cheat!