Monday, April 29, 2013

Birthday in a Box review.

Do you have a birthday or other celebration coming up? Are you dreading the picking out of every little detail? Don't get me wrong. I love birthdays. In fact I have been told more than once that I go a *bit* overboard when it comes to them. But this year I have had absolutely no time to plan his party! I feel really guilty about it because I did so much for Dexter's first birthday. I was pretty bummed that I didn't even have time to go buy him coordinating birthday decorations, then I stumbled upon a website called Birthday in a box. Which is literally what it sounds like, a whole Birthday part in a box. Well minus the Birthday boy and his guests. 

When I found this website I was really excited! I no longer had to worry about dragging my kids to the party store in town and worry about Dexter touching EVERYTHING! spending 45 minutes trying to find items to go together and spending a fortune on junk that wouldn't last through the party. I hate spending a fortune on poor quality stuff. Well I am happy to say that the stuff I received from Birthdayinabox is neither poor quality nor expensive! 


Box Birthday in a Box gives you a complete birthday party shipped in a box directly to your door, as quickly as overnight. They carry a wide variety of items for parties and gatherings. Birthday in a Box offers tableware, invitations, piƱatas, decorations, crafts & games, party ideas, cake supplies, balloons, personalized items, costumes, thank you notes and more. Literally everything you could need! 

Another wonderful thing about Birthday in a Box is that they can personalize hundreds of items-banners, buttons, invites, etc. The cost of personalization is included in the cost of the item so you can have lovely looking custom printed supplies at prices as low as $.89.




I chose a barnyard themed box for 8 people. The box cost 22.99 and included the following: 

  • 16 Barnyard 1st Birthday Napkins
  • 8 Barnyard Cake Plates
  • 8 Barnyard Cups
  • 1 Birthday Candles
  • 8 Red Spoons, 8 Red Forks, 8 Red Knives
  • 1 Red Streamer
  • 1 Spotted Table Cover
  • 1 Turquoise Streamer

In my opinion that is a pretty good deal! I really love that the table cloth is cow print. I feel like a plain table cloth would have made the box seem a little bit cheaper. I also love the napkins I think the number one on them is so cute! 
I will say I wish that there were more options for the size of the boxes. I will be having more than 8 people at the party so a box made for 16 or 20 people would be great for us. Also I would of really liked it if there had been matching large plates. Even if the price was more it would be worth it to me. Now I have to find large plates that match. 
Overall I think this is a good deal, and I loved the ease of ordering his party supplies online and not having to worry about matching everything myself.
You can follow them on Facebook here and Twitter here to make sure you are getting all their updates! 

Also, they have a great contest for both customers and bloggers.  Every month they randomly select two $100 winners (if you post a picture with the review you could win $200!!) That is an amazing contest!


“Disclosure :  I received one or more of the products or Services mentioned above for free in the hope that I would mention it on my blog. Regardless, I only recommend products or services I use personally and believe will be good for my readers.  I am disclosing this in accordance with the Federal Trade Commision’s 16 CFR, Part 255:  “Guides concerning the use of Endorsements and Testimonials in Advertising.”

No comments:

Post a Comment