Friday, April 19, 2013

Birthday Express review

So as many of you know Max’s first birthday is coming up! Earlier this month I realized I needed to decide on a theme. I was searching online with no real theme in mind when I found an amazing birthday party website, Birthday express. They have a whole section just for first birthday parties! Not only that, but so many of their party themes are designed just for them. In fact the theme I picked out, Branyard, is exclusive to them. While other websites have Barnyard themes none are as cute as this one!
This is the theme I chose:
barnyard
Barnyard 1st birthday

Isn’t that super cute? I am so pleased with it in person too. Sometimes you order something online and you get it and the quality is so poor that you feel like you should just go buy new stuff. But this set is not like that at all, the plates are thick and durable, the cups will not leak through, everything is well printed and glossy, and the party hats don’t look like those tiny flimsy ones you get at Wal-Mart.
One of my favorite things about this set is the amount of detail in it. Everything coordinates but it is not all the exact same. I really don’t like it when everything is the exact same, it makes it look plain and boring. Even the napkins have tons of details with this set, each napkin has four pictures on it! Each of a different animal.
Another great thing about this website is that once you pick a theme they have several party packs to choose from, or you can buy it all separate. I love that they have party packs with multiple number of guests in mind. For us we won’t just have eight people, so its nice that they have a bigger pack bundled together for 16 people, and it saves me money to buy it like that! Also they have party favor packs already set up for you too. I wish I had known about that when I was doing Dexter’s train party last year! I spent HOURS  looking for stuff to go in the gift bags and ended up spending a fortune on each one for crappy stuff that was just going to get trashed later. But on their site they have cute gift bags already made with coordinating stuff to your party!
I am so pleased with everything I received and would highly recommend this website to anyone planning a party! I think the price is reasonable  especially for the high quality stuff you will be getting.
Here is what I got for $45
  • 8 invitations
  • 8 dinner plates
  • 8 dessert plates
  • 8 cups
  • 8 forks
  • 8 spoons
  • 16 napkins
  • 1 Red solid-color table cover
  • 1 centerpiece
  • 1 foil balloon
  • 18 balloons (3 colors)
  • 8 curling ribbon (3 colors)
  • 8 crepe paper rolls (3 colors)
  • 8 cone hats
  • cake candles and a #1 candle.
That is a lot of stuff! And none of it looks like it could of come from the dollar store!
The only con I have is that the center piece was difficult to put together, but I did have a 10 month old asking me to hold him and a 2 year old running around screaming “BIRTHDAY PARTY!!”











I will be posting more pictures once we have the party!
Make sure to like them on Facebook to keep updated on all their new themes and specials!

Disclaimer: I received the products mentioned above for free from Birthdayexpress.com. These views are my own and I was not paid for a positive review. Regardless, I only recommend products or services I use personally and believe will be good for my readers.

3 comments:

  1. Wow! That is a great deal to get so much stuff. I like the barnyard theme also. I hope your little one has an awesome birthday!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is so good! I remember ordering some birthday party stuff on Thomas the train theme from one of these online party business people and it was a drain on my budget. I did not even get my money's worth and the quality of the products I have received was no good :( Thanks for sharing this info. I will definitely check these people out for our next birthday event :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow, so much stuff is included! I love themed birthday parties. I'll have to check them out.

    ReplyDelete