Sunday, February 10, 2013

Hotslings AP review and coupon!


index
The first baby carrier I ever owned was a Hotsling carrier. I bought it for when I had Dexter. I suppose you could say it was my gateway drug into carriers ;O). I always loved it but I wished that it was adjustable depending on my clothing sometimes it just didn’t fit right.
  Well flash forward two years and out comes the AP by Hotsling! When I saw this and fell in love! I knew I needed it for Max, I wish that I had gotten it when he was smaller but I did not realize how much they had changed!


So what is so different about the Hotslings AP then different slings? Well this sling only has two sizes, regular and large. You adjust it with two strategically placed tri-glides. That means that this one sling will fit you, or anyone else who wants to wear the baby! This sling is also pre-folded so no guessing where to fold it! It also has light padding on the side for baby! This sling is truly “fool” proof!
When I got the sling to review I was so excited! I chose the Lemon Mist style, and I absolutely love it! This sling is so easy to pack in my diaper bag, it actually fits in my regular purse too. So when I don’t feel like looking like the bag lady this is perfect! It also comes with a diaper bag pouch that you can put the sling in. It is great so you do not have to worry about getting your sling dirty. Because honestly, sometimes I have some strange stuff floating around in that bag!
The next thing I love about this sling is how easy it is to put on. It takes so little time. You just slip the sling on and its ready to go. As long as you have it adjusted to where you like it, there is no buckling or re-sizing! I also love that the Hotslings AP is pre-folded, the original you had to fold but this one is ready to go!
As much as I love baby wearing sometimes I hate that it makes it so you can’t see my cute outfit. I really hate wearing bulking carriers to church or out to nice dinners, but Max loves to be worn everywhere so I usually end up wearing one wherever I go. So I feel like a lot of times I waste so much time getting ready just to end up looking frumpy with my carrier on. Well, with this sling it adds to your outfit! I love that there are so many cute prints! I love that the one I got looks so girly and pretty. It makes me feel like a pretty lady not like a frumpy mom!
I also love that Max and Dexter can both fit in the sling. I was pretty skeptic that they both would be able to but with no adjusting they both do! I love that Dexter can be in it on my hips. He loves to be held still but sometimes I hate when he decides to drum on my back. Or talk in my ear when I wear him on my back. This feels so natural with both of them and I love it!

A little bit about Hotslings: Started in 2003, Hotslings pouch-style baby carriers were originally a hybrid between the sleek pouch-style baby sling and the large, padded ring sling. The pouches were also the first cut to fit just about every size person possible and offered in to-the-moment fashion prints.

Sling specs:
Safe for babies 8lbs - 35lbs.

97% cotton 3% spandex. Filling - 100% cotton.
Gentle cycle machine washable (complete laundering instructions on the inseam tag)
Available in two adjustable sizes (Regular and Large). See the SIZING CHART to determine the right size for you.


Our Hotsling we got the AP lemon mist:
IMG_0176.CR2IMG_0178.CR2
The first strap is loose and the          This is the bottom side.
bottom strap is tightened.
This is the outside

IMG_0177.CR2 
This is the piece that you can tighten    Max facing out. He is 8 months
or loosen depending on your size.         and about 20 pounds
IMG_0028.CR2IMG_0184.CR2
This is Dexter he is 2.5 years and
25 pounds!
Want  a sling of your own? Here is a coupon for 10%off any product on their website! The code is “Our5Cents”!

To keep up to date with all the Hotsling happenings check out their Facebook and Twitter pages!

46 comments:

  1. I really like this carrier. I have been looking for something exactly like this. My niece is due in August and I am hoping that she will be interested in baby wearing.

    I could even use it for my daughter since it can go up to 35 lbs. Thanks for the information.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Congratulations to her! You could always get it for her and if she decides not to babywear keep it for you! But seriously EVERYONE should wear their babies! Makes life so much easier!!

      Delete
  2. Looks like a great sling! I love all of the colors/patterns they have! Especially, the one lemon mist you showed.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! I really love it. I originally went with another pattern but it was sold out and it took me so long to decide on a new print because I loved them all!

      Delete
  3. i like how versatile they are and stylish

    ReplyDelete
  4. This sling carrier sounds great. I have never used one but would like to get one for my daughter. I worried about the sling fitting correctly and thought they seemed like more trouble than they were worth. After reading your review, I have decided on the Hotsling. I like the sizing of large or X-large and both my daughter and myself could use this sling without having to have the hassle of adjusting it.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love the fact that it is so versatile, I would have loved to have one of these for my little ones for sure!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I like this sling, but are the adjustable things always just hanging out or can they be tucked in?

    ReplyDelete
  7. I like that it adjusts easily and is easy to put on nothing worse then trying to put something on and adjust it for 10 min lol

    ReplyDelete
  8. I like that it`s easy to adjust & put on

    ReplyDelete
  9. I like that it is easy to get on.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Oh I didn't realize this kind of sling can accommodate an older child! cool!
    Lara W.
    bellewingler at aol dot com

    ReplyDelete
  11. i love that it's prefolded! I have a sling I haven't used since it's so confusing.

    ReplyDelete
  12. I love that its easy to use but also easy enough for me to use then any one else because its adjustable.

    ReplyDelete
  13. I had a HotSlings carrier and it was the older version. It didn't have the straps. I didn't care for how they were supposed to fit so snug to keep baby secure. Also, there would have been no way that I would have carried a baby over 15 lbs. It was already a pain on the one shoulder that was supporting all of the babies weight. No way I would put a toddler in it. I'm smaller and short. I don't think that it really matters, though. I do like all of their cute patterns, but that's about it. I got rid of my Hotslings for a soft structured buckle carrier (think Ergo or Beco). I carry my two year old around no problem in that. Not sure if these new adjustable straps are the solution to all the weight being put on one shoulder. Have you tried carrying your child around for a long period of time? Thanks for the review.

    ReplyDelete
  14. I love that they're size adjustable! I'm petite and my husband is a really big guy, it would be so versatile

    ReplyDelete
  15. I like that its do easy to use! The colors are adorable too

    ReplyDelete
  16. How awesome you can get 2 guys in there!

    ReplyDelete
  17. I like that it will fit different sizes

    ReplyDelete
  18. I love that its machine washable and mostly cotton

    ReplyDelete
  19. I love that it is adjustable!

    ReplyDelete
  20. These patterns are lovely- they look like they could match anything!

    ReplyDelete
  21. I like that it's easily adjustable based on the size of the child so you can use it for multiple children!

    ReplyDelete
  22. Love the color and that it's adjustable!

    ReplyDelete
  23. Claire RheinheimerMay 19, 2013 at 9:01 PM

    I love that this is adjustable and can be used for babies as small as 8 pounds. I've not used a baby carrier of any kind before, with this being pre- fold maybe it's the way to go for me. Baby girl is due in 3 days!

    ReplyDelete
  24. I like that it grows with my baby.

    ReplyDelete
  25. I love that it is so versatile and pretty too!

    ReplyDelete
  26. I love that it's machine washable and not bulky. I need one of these!

    ReplyDelete
  27. This seems like a nice option when you just want to have to carry around a bigger/bulkier carrier. I have an Ergo and it takes up lots of space, but is good for long periods of time.

    ReplyDelete
  28. I have a hot sling myself. It's great for quick grocery trips

    ReplyDelete
  29. I really like the style of this sling and that it can fit different people!

    ReplyDelete
  30. This looks like it would be very comfortable to wear. I like that it comes prefolded.

    ReplyDelete
  31. I love the patterns and the versatility. I would love to have one!

    ReplyDelete
  32. I love that it is one size fits all! I am 5'4" and petite while my husband is 6'5", I currently have a baby K'tan that will fit me but not him. This would be perfect for us!

    ReplyDelete
  33. I have an AP hotsling and although it's not my favorite carrier (I'm a mei tai girl) it is handy to have for quick trips. I used it a lot while my belly was still sore from hernia surgery because a hip carry was much easier on me then the mei tai.

    ReplyDelete
  34. My favorite thing about this sling is the adjustable straps--plus the super cute prints!

    ReplyDelete
  35. I love that they don't need to be folded, I have a Moby wrap and no one else feels comfortable enough with it to use it, with this even hubby could babywear.

    ReplyDelete
  36. I love how easy it looks to use and that it is not bulky!

    ReplyDelete
  37. I like that it is prefolded. It looks very versatile.

    ReplyDelete
  38. I like the adjust-ability. didn't know that pocket slings were so versatile.
    Carrie M

    ReplyDelete
  39. I love that it more easily adjusts!

    Angela

    ReplyDelete
  40. hotsling seems soo much easier than my traditional ring sling!

    ReplyDelete
  41. I love that my daughter can use it as she grows

    ReplyDelete
  42. I love that the Hot Sling is gentle cycle machine washable and comes in two adjustable sizes.

    ReplyDelete
  43. I like the easy adjustment & the variety of colors to choose from

    ReplyDelete