Friday, July 26, 2013

Groove Kid Nation - Rhythm bears




 I recently had the opportunity to review a new children's CD - The Groove Kid Nation Rhythm Bears.  Like many of us, record producer and musician Rodney Lee was inspired after the birth of his son.  After just not hearing what he wanted to be in children's music, Rodney created the Groove Kid Nation to teach our youth the core principles behind music. 
Both my sons and I really enjoyed the cd. The first day I turned it on it was just me and my almost three year old. We were playing and I put it on for background music, but to my surprise he stopped playing trains and wanted to listen to the music! He really enjoyed it, but he wanted to play the music they were playing. During the songs they would say what instruments they were going to be playing and then start. He wanted to join in too! Some were simple, a water bottle, a maraca  and a harmonica just to name a few. I wish I had known a head of time that this was going to happen, I ended up scrambling around the house to get my son these instruments so he could play a long. The next time we were much better prepared and Max (1 yo) was awake so he got to play too! I think it would be really neat if the cd was sold as a boxed set with a few things to play a long with already together  Or in the booklet it could have a note to parents that suggests you find these before hand to enhance your child's experience! 

Since then Dexter has asked for the cd quite a few times and when I put on "my music" He quickly asks if he can listen to his next! I really like this cd so it is easy for us to listen together. A lot of cd's for his age group are nothing about music and more annoying then anything! So this is a great break. He also really likes to look at the booklet that came with it! 

I would definitely recommend this cd to a friend! For more information connect with the Groove Kid Nation On the Web , or on Facebook

I received one or more of the products mentioned above for free using Tomoson.com. Regardless, I only recommend products or services I use personally and believe will be good for my readers.

1 comment: