Thursday, September 26, 2013

Once Upon This Rock: Lullaby Renditions of Christian Rock Review



There are very few kids cds that I enjoy, and even less lullaby cds. In fact I think there are two. This is one of them.
When I got the chance to review this CD my first thought was "Do I know any Christian rock songs?!" Turns out I know all of them! I really didn't think I would know any, although I am Christian I didn't think I listened to Christian rock. I love hearing these songs in a new way. It makes it easy to listen to because I know the words to the songs. Plus the instrumentals are pretty.
When I got the CD it was actually pretty close to bed time so I put it in our cd player and turned it on for the kids. I was really surprised when D asked to be put to bed! We listened to about 5 songs and he got very sleepy and went to be easily. They usually go to sleep pretty easily but never ask to go to bed! I was thoroughly impressed. This is my new go to CD when I want to get them sleepy. It usually works!
I think Jammy Jams is a great idea and would suggest it as a baby shower gift or just for a fun CD to buy!


More about the CD from Jammy Jams "On "Once Upon This Rock: Lullaby Renditions of Christian Rock Hits", Jammy Jams explores the world of modern Christian Rock and turns these tunes into calming lullaby versions to "rock" your little one to sleep.   You will be amazed as you listen to soothing lullabies featuring the melodies of '80s Christian Rockers Stryper, to '00s Alternative Metal giants P.O.D. and Flyleaf, to spiritual contemporary and pop artists like The Fray and Owl City and many more!

The Soothing sounds are what Jammy Jams is all about.  Experience these popular Christian Rock hits in a whole new way with baby today!"

More info here!

Track Listing:

1. Be My Escape (originally by Relient K)
2. Alive (originally by P.O.D.)
3. How To Save A Life (originally by The Fray)
4. Locked In A Cage (originally by Skillet)
5. Meant To Live (originally by Switchfoot)
6. Honestly (originally by Stryper)
7. Fully Alive (originally by Flyleaf)
8. Caught Inside (originally by The OC Supertones)
9. Flood (originally by Jars Of Clay)
10. Fireflies (originally by Owl City)

To find out more about Jammy Jams and for updates check out their social media pages:

Facebook: facebook.com/jammyjamsbaby
Twitter: @jammyjamsbaby
Instagram: instagram.com/jammyjamsbaby
Pinterest: pinterest.com/jammyjamsbaby
Youtube: youtube.com/jammyjamsbaby I received one or more of the products mentioned above for free using Tomoson.com. Regardless, I only recommend products or services I use personally and believe will be good for my readers.

1 comment: